|Mazda Launches Upgraded Mazda Demio and Premacy that Qualify for the New Eco-Car Tax Reduction Program in Japan
Mazda (JCN Newswire)
2012-04-05 Hiroshima, Apr 5, 2012 - ( JCN Newswire ) - Mazda Motor Corporation launched the upgraded Mazda Demio compact car and Mazda Premracy minivan. Both models go on sale today at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealerships throughout Japan.
The Mazda Demio was reviewed for its features and model grade system, and the 13-SKYACTIV model grade, which has been popular for its outstanding fuel economy, will get full reduction of both the vehicle acquisition and vehicle weight taxes under Japan's new eco-car tax reduction program*1 effective in May.
The upgraded Mazda Premacy model grades come with enhanced features including safety features, and some model grades qualify for the new eco-car tax reduction program.
Features for the Demio were reviewed, and the 60:40 split rear seat, a three-point seat belt for the second-row center seat and a seat lifter for the driver's seat are fitted to the 13-SKYACTIV model grade as standard equipment. Also, the aluminum wheels are now available as optional equipment. In addition, the special edition Mazda Demio 13C-V Smart Edition, which was released on March 1, 2012, is included in the Demio's lineup as a new model grade.
Any model grade in the Premacy lineup that is equipped with Mazda's unique idling stop system, i-stop, features the side and curtain airbags as standard equipment. The upgrades to the Premacy also include leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob for the 20E model grade as standard equipment.
Main features of the upgraded Mazda Demio
- Steel wheels as standard equipment
- The 60:40 split rear seat, a three-point seat belt for the second-row center seat and a seat lifter for the driver's seat as standard equipment
- Full tax reduction under the eco-car tax reduction program based on the tax system revision for the fiscal year ending March 2013
13C (FWD version with 5-speed manual transmission)
- The 60:40 split rear seat and a three-point seatbelt for the second-row center seat are added as standard equipment.
- Door mirrors and door handles painted in the same color as the exterior body color
13C-V Smart Edition
- The existing 13C-V model grade is eliminated.
- The 13C-V Smart Edition special edition is added to the Premacy lineup as a new model grade.
Main features of the upgraded Mazda Premacy
Any model grade that is equipped with Mazda's unique idling stop i-stop system comes with side and curtain air bags as standard equipment.
- Side and curtain air bags as standard equipment
Special Edition 20S Prestige Style II
- The previous special edition 20S Prestige Style sales continue as a new model grade, the 20S Prestige Style II with the side and curtain airbags as standard equipment.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob as standard equipment
- Side and curtain airbags as standard equipment
New model grade '20CS Aero'
- Special edition 20CS Aero Style is now included to the Premacy's lineup as the 20CS Aero
Mazda Motor Corporation (TSE: 7261) started manufacturing tools in 1929 and soon branched out into production of trucks for commercial use. In the early 1960s, Mazda launched its first passenger car models and began developing rotary engines. Still headquartered in Hiroshima in western Japan, Mazda today ranks as one of Japan's leading automakers, and exports cars to the United States and Europe for over 30 years. For more information, please visit www.mazda.com.